Click on our sponsors below to view other great websites on food or try our new google search engine for quick searches. NEW try emailcash.com - fun site, heaps of rewards!

Google
Web blogspot.com

Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Teochew Porridge at Pek Kio



This stall is very popular with taxi drivers. Located just outside the CBD, in a quiet housing estate, is a lone coffeeshop selling Teochew porridge. I like the fish cakes as they are made every morning by using a spoon to scrap the meat from the fresh fish. The egg omelet with small shrimps is a favorite with all the patrons of this stall. Also good is the bean paste with minced meat and fried cabbage. The coffeeshop is located along Cambridge Road, opp Pek Kio Community Centre, my childhood playground.

Comments:
Hi Foodzee..

I think you should really be called FoodPolice! Great stuff you have on your blog.

I enjoy reading all of them and can only lament that I do not have enough spare calories to tuck all the yummy food in...

Your posts on Pek Kio area is especially welcomed as I frequent the area too.
 
Glad you enjoy my posting. My childhood days were in Pek Kio. I stayed at Tasek Utara Estate (A name that no longer exists)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Bored? Why not play our special edition "Food and Veggie Tic Tac Toe"

It's simple, you are the Noodles and the computer is the veggie pack. Just select the difficulty from below and then click on the grid to place your Noodles. Enjoy!




Level 0
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3






You are visitor number:

Powered by counter.bloke.com